About Musique Sur La Mer
Musique Sur La Mer Orchestras (MSLMO) has been inspiring excellence, leadership, and community service since 2000. Marcy A. Sudock is the founding director. Maestro Sudock is a violinist, music educator, and conductor of note. The mission to empower musicians, create peace through the international language of music, and community service has worked hand in hand with strong ethics, responsibility, musicality, education, passion and commitment.
MSLMO is based in Long Beach, California and serves children, teens, and adults from both Los Angeles and Orange Counties. MSLMO performs locally and abroad.
Musique Sur La Mer celebrates cultural diversity with performances in:
- Austria (Vienna, Salzburg, Eisenstadt)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- France (Nice, Cannes, Paris)
- Monaco (Royal Cathedral)
- New Zealand (Christchurch, Auckland, Hastings)
- Costa Rica (San Jose, Arenal)
- England (London, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, Gloucester)
- Wales (Caerphilly)
- Australia (Sydney, Woolaware, Manly, Brisbane, New Sounth Wales)
MSLM raises funds and/or awareness:
- Australia’s Royal School for Blind and Deaf Children
- Austria’s Hand in Hand for children with disabilities
- Costa Rica Reforestation Project
- Maori Village in New Zealand
- Costa Rica San Jose School for Children with Disabilities
- Austria’s Cantus MM concert to help build a school in Africa
- Czech Republic’s Podebrady Cardiac Recovery Spa
- Wales’ Museum of Welsh Coal Mining
- Humanitarian Relief For Ukraine
The professional Musique Sur La Mer Orchestra performed in the Amaryllis-Fleming Concert Hall of the Royal College of London as the American tribute in honor of the wedding of HRH Prince William and Catherine Middleton raising funds for the American Soup Kitchen of London and for the Diamond Jubilee of HM Queen Elizabeth II raising funds for the Diamond Jubilee Charitable Trust.
MSLM orchestras perform locally inspiring community service and goodwill.
Charities and organizations that have benefitted from their performances include:
- Beach Miller Children’s Hospital
- Long Beach Memorial Hospital Bucket List
- Judy’s Kitchen
- Kiwanis International
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- California Sea Mammal Center
- One Warm Coat
- Long Beach Food Bank
- Compassionate Artists
- Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund
- Long Beach Homeless Sock Drive
- various local school music programs
MSLMO has been honored locally and globally including commendations from President Barak Obama, Buckingham Palace, the Mayor of Salzburg, Austria, Long Beach City Council, Los Alamitos City Council, US Senate, US Congress, NAACP, Kiwanis International, Amazing Woman Award Nominee Finalist, Long Beach Press Telegram, Absolute Best of Long Beach Nominee Finalist, Long Beach State of the Arts
Marcy A. Sudock, breaths passion, love of music and humanity into every piece of music she performs. That same commitment and passion is reflected and amplified by her students and all of the musicians that enjoy creating music under her direction.
Musique Sur La Mer Orchestras, which includes the professional orchestra and chamber ensembles, youth orchestras and ensembles, community orchestras, instrumental music lessons, art classes, and concert series, chamber music and jazz concerts, recitals, and workshops is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.